The InvestorSure CD offers the upside of the S&P 500 without risking principal.
Should the value of the S&P 500 decline over the investment period, the
InvestorSure CD returns full principal at maturity. Investments held to maturity will
also receive at least 70 percent* of the average increase in the S&P 500 (based on a
InvestorSure CDs are:
- issued exclusively by College Savings Bank.
- FDIC Insured to at least $250,000 per depositor .
- offered with all of the features and tax benefits of a 529 Plan, IRA or
- tax-deductible for Montana and Arizona residents through our 529 Plans as well
as residents of Maine, Kansas, Pennsylvania and Missouri.
- affordable with multiple deposit
- free of enrollment fees or other management charges.
InvestorSure CDs are offered with a 5-year maturity. At maturity, you can use the
funds to pay qualified higher education expenses, re-invest in another InvestorSure CD,
or move the funds to a CollegeSure CD until your child is ready to pay for school.
Interest rate and annual percentage yield (APY) are not determined until maturity of the InvesterSure CD. While historical rates of return are never a guarantee of future performance - if
InvestorSure CDs were available, the previous 80 maturing CDs (ending May 1, 2013) would
have produced an average APY of 3.35%.
|InvestorSure CD: 20- 10- and 5-Year Historical Rates of Return with Avg. APY at 70%
|Issue Date Range
||Maturity Date Range
||No. of CDs
||Avg. APY of Every Maturing CD Over Date Range
(1) InvestorSure CDs will pay, based on a formula, between 70 and 100% of the increase
in the S&P 500 at maturity; featuring a calculated average of 20 quarterly
measurement points throughout the term of the CD. The averaging further protects your
investment from wide swings in the S&P 500 as your investment approaches maturity.
The current participation rate is 70%.
(2) The InvestorSure CD was introduced to the market on February 1, 2008. Historical
analysis is purely hypothetical and applies the current product upside
payment formula to a period of time in which the product was not available.
The InvestorSure CD will be issued 4-times a year, but College Savings Bank will
accept funds everyday for the investment. Contributions will be held in an Accumulator
account until issue date. Accumulator accounts with a balance of $250 or more will
automatically purchase an InvestorSure CD.
For more information, view the
InvestorSure CD Terms and Conditions.